How to write the best website content
The process of writing website content needs to go through many preparation steps to ensure that the content clusters are both beautifully presented and can provide all the information that readers need. The following article will show you how to use keyword research, search engine optimization, and other factors to create powerful, optimized websites that deliver the results you want.
1. Determine the purpose of the website content
You won't be able to write good enough website content if you don't know what the website is aiming for.
Does the site content sell products? Is it used to attract new customers? Is it building traffic to support advertising? When you know specifically the main goal of the website content you are producing, you will have the first direction.
2. Research the target audience group
The role of the website is to reach a specific target audience, so writing website content you need to pay attention to aspects such as:
a. Their level of expertise
If you want to talk to industry experts, you'll have to consider using the right vocabulary. On the contrary, when you want to target the general audience, you need to simplify the technical knowledge so that they become easy to understand and relatable.
b. Provide what the reader wants to know
This is key to writing effective website content because if you can answer readers' questions better than your competitors, you have a better chance of winning their trust.
c. How do readers come to the website?
Understanding where your user behavior is coming from (search, social media, referrals, partner sites, etc.) or what they expect to find when they visit your site will help you easily identify You get content strategy.
d. Readers' preferences
Understanding what your audience is interested in will help you determine what elements to add in the content writing process and keep them on the page longer.
3. Research your competitors
You will need to research the website content of your direct and indirect competitors for a number of reasons:
- Find out what customers are reading there, so you can put something else – better on your site.
- Helps you identify industry trends and anticipate changes in your competitors' strategies and tactics.
- You can use data of competitor websites to evaluate your performance. Find out your competitor's traffic, backlinks and keywords to set monthly achievable goals for your website.
- Get inspired for new content topics.
4. Linking website content pages together
Before you start writing website content, make sure to have a plan for how all the pages will work together. If you are optimizing your website or creating a new website, you can use wireframes to outline a list of pages, the purpose of each page, the topics they will cover, and how people will navigate to each page. .
5. Write website content for each page
a. Define the Purpose of the Page
Before you write content for a page on your website, decide what purpose the page will serve and always make sure the content is doing it right.
For example, your homepage serves as the main entrance and navigation to the subpages, so the content of your homepage website should provide readers with a piece of information about the most important concepts and help people Determine where to go next.
b. Determine the website's SEO keywords
Keywords are the factor you need to pay attention to when you want your website to appear in high rankings on search engines. Before starting to write website content, determine the main keywords of the page and allocate them in the most SEO-optimized way.
c. Research popular and competitive sites
What pages will your site compete with? If you know this, you can spot opportunities to create a better page. The trick to doing this is to simply enter your target keyword into Google and see where the pages are ranking, you can learn how to solve their problems and how they format the content.
d. Write an outline and gather resources
To write good content for a website, start with an outline and gather ideas. You can interview with industry experts or salespeople at your organization to build the best website content layout for your customers.
6. Write complete website content
When you write content for the website, you can refer to some of the following writing tips:
- All content must be true to the purpose set out
- Give the reader the most important information at the top and the less important at the bottom.
- Focus on benefits over features. When you highlight products, services, or offers, show your readers what's in it for them.
- Provide readers with an idea of the meaning of the product/service. Explain how their lives would change if they used them.
- Use short sentences and phrases. Avoid complicated language.
- Avoid unfamiliar words and jargon. Write website content in the language your customers speak.
- Help readers find the most important points in your copy by breaking up the text.
7. End with a strong call to action
a. Provide convincing evidence
Show your readers why they can trust you. Emphasize your status with testimonials, stats, data, and user reviews.
b. Overcoming objections
Put yourself in your audience's shoes and imagine what objections are keeping them from taking action. Address those worries and offer options like free trials and money-back guarantees so your audience can't turn down your offer.
c. Use action words
Don't leave your target customers most confused when they get to the bottom of the web page. Include a call to action (start, click here, sign up, call, fill out, etc.) to let them know exactly what they need to do to connect with you.
8. Add non-text page elements
To create a powerful, high-converting website, you also need to take care of the non-text elements. You can subdivide pages and draw readers to important information using: images, buttons, chat bots, whitespace, GIFs, graphs and charts, videos, color variations, and more. Efforts to optimize website design and writing will help visitors feel they have found all the information they need.
9. Make edits
Once you've written the content of a page, set it aside. After a short while, you may find an opportunity to:
- Spelling correction
- Improve vocabulary
- Rewrite the parts that are not clear
- Increase the attractiveness of the subject line
- Links to other content on your site
This is also a good time to optimize website content according to SEO standards.
10. Optimizing website content standard SEO
Depending on the purpose of the page, you can set goals for users to access from search engines. So when you write website content, use SEO best practices that will help your page rank higher.
a. Use the main keyword throughout the content
The ideal keyword density is 1-2% of the content, which is enough for search engines to evaluate the content of the page without stuffing a word one word too many times.
In addition to using the keyword in the main content, use it in the following elements:
Page title (title displayed on the page)
Subheadings (content formatted with H2, H3, H4, etc.)
Title tag (50-60 character page title embedded in the page's code)
Meta Description (150-160 character page summary embedded in the page's code)
Image alt tags (text that describes the image and appears if the image doesn't load properly)
b. Link to another page
Links embedded in your content make it easier for your readers to find what they're looking for and also help search engines determine what your website is all about and what it's worth.
c. Double-check on-page SEO factors
Even if you optimize your page, you can still easily miss an opportunity or make a mistake. To check on-page SEO and make sure you're optimizing a page properly, use SEO checking utilities to scan your page, providing detailed error information and instructions on how to resolve the error.
11. Plan content updates
It is important to keep the content on your website always attractive to readers as it is fresh and the process of maintaining the website regularly. Therefore, you need to plan to update website content for the future such as building a blog section, updating the latest data, updating information about the organization, etc.
By following the above steps, Viet SEO hopes to help you write website content that brings the desired effect, attracts readers and optimizes search engines. Do not forget to follow our latest articles to update useful knowledge about website development!
- How to get your website indexed by Google quickly
- What factors should you pay attention to when writing standard SEO articles?
- Tips to design an effective and impressive business website
- Why should you design a website for your business?
- Things to keep in mind when designing Website on Mobile interface
- Advantages and disadvantages of website design services
- Top 5 best free web design software
- Steps to build an effective website
- The trends of the e-commerce industry in the future
- The benefits of SEO impact on sales and brand of the business
- How to increase website traffic effectively
- The most standard color scheme when designing a professional website
- Ways to improve your website design
- Principles of website design mobile version
- Why is responsive website important?
- Instructions on how to do business in domain names to earn billions in Vietnam
- What is an e-commerce website and its benefits for businesses
- The development history of Search Engine from 1990 to present