Principles of website design mobile version
Definition of mobile version website
Website mobile version is a website designed specifically to run on different browsers of smart mobile devices such as phones, tablets... It still has the task of supporting businesses in brand development. , promote business, reach more potential customers.
The speed of surfing the mobile version is more advantageous because the content and functions have been optimized. Banners, images, popups are also reduced to meet all configurations of mobile devices when customers visit. The download capacity of the mobile version of the website is smaller, taking up less bandwidth, so the page load speed is faster, visitors do not have to wait and feel uncomfortable when using the website to find information.
Full of basic functions to serve sales such as product information search, service, ordering function, evaluation, basic payment ...
Improve website rankings on search rankings: according to new Google algorithms, if the website does not support the mobile version, the web ranking will be reduced. The ranking of websites with a mobile interface will improve compared to competitors, attract more customers, support SEO well, avoid waste as well as Google's punishment.
If you have not yet equipped your business or organized a website with a mobile version, consider immediately to promote your business plan.
Website design mobile version, also known as Responsive Website. Currently, it is a top priority when making Web regardless of any field or industry because the trend of users accessing the Web using mobile devices is constantly increasing. So what are the principles of website design mobile version? Read the following article to understand it better.
1. Interested in user interface design (UI design) on Website mobile version
Businesses need to capture and understand the needs of users, thereby synthesizing and arranging all the elements on the Website to create an interface with full information content as well as necessary features. This process is also known as user interface design – UI design.
- Layout: It determines the elements and content to display on the pages, where and how. With Responsive Website design, the layout requires simplicity, easy to find information and mainly focuses on the main and important features to attract users.
- Color: This is the element that helps to identify the brand, the field of activity as well as the function of the website. For example, with a Web site in the field of fitness centers, the colors used must show strength, a lot of energy, promoting the interest and curiosity of users.
- Typeface: Depending on what your field of activity is and how the Website functions, use a soft or simple font. The fonts on all pages of the Website are required to have a harmonious and reasonable combination, to avoid abuse leading to a confusing Web, especially on the mobile version.
- Graphics: When designing beautiful website graphics, it will help convey messages and emotions to viewers. However, because the mobile version of the Web has a narrow view, you need to pay attention to coordinate the layout elements, colors and fonts more closely.
2. User experience (UX) on mobile version website
In order to provide the best user experience, you need to understand what the customer's preferences are, how are their mobile Web surfing habits, what platform they feel most comfortable and convenient in, etc.?
With UX is the factor that helps users feel about the Website better, it is related to the Web's utilities, access speed, ease of use, etc. When designing a Responsive Website, these factors determine the UX that you have. That should be taken into account are:
- Simplify: Let users have a pleasant, fast and convenient experience on the Web by simplifying navigation, easy to use features without having to think about what to do next.
- Keep consistency: The vast majority of users have a habit of icons associated with certain functions. They can easily recognize features such as search, shopping, mail, hotline, etc. So, when designing a mobile website, you need to be consistent when using this element.
- Accessibility: The Web site should always have navigation and menus arranged in an easily accessible location. For example, you can touch to immediately call phone numbers, open the text box, use filters to quickly find information without having to go through many complicated steps, etc.
Besides, you can also use the calendar to choose the date, the form automatically displays the next symbol each time you fill it out, so users will have a comfortable feeling, a better experience when in the Website. .
3. Create a unique flow on the page
If you want the information to be arranged in a slide-down fashion, do not use the horizontal sliders on the same page. Because this messy presentation will make users feel difficult to use. It is necessary to ensure that your Web site when accessing on mobile must be as fast and convenient as possible.
The above sharing helps readers understand the principles of standard Responsive Website design. If there is still something vague or want to find a reputable, professional Website design service that ensures the implementation of standard SEO and Responsive Web pages, do not hesitate to contact Viet SEO company today.
Designing a mobile version of a website is an urgent job today
It's really annoying and inconvenient if a website is only designed for PC and when accessing on mobile you have to zoom in to see the text. Difficult to use, find information, such websites never retain users in general and potential customers in particular, just a few seconds they tend to switch to another website immediately. .
The number of online consumers surfing the web and making online purchases on mobile devices such as phones and tablets is increasing. Instead of sitting in front of a computer screen to search for products and services, users turn to handheld devices, smartphones, and tablets. That's why mobile websites were born.
Advantages and disadvantages of mobile version website
1. Advantages of websites designed for mobile versions
Every detail on the website is kept as minimal as possible to fit the size of mobile, so browsing speed is higher than when running on PC.
The operation of the website is easier, more stable and more efficient. The website interface is also user-friendly, providing an impressive experience and helping customers to find information as well as feedback and reviews more conveniently.
Searching and scrolling on the mobile version of the website is quick and easy with simple operations such as touching, swiping, multi-point surfing on the screen.
Language when designing mobile website is also used flexibly and modernly, ensuring optimization and security.
The content on the website is optimized and can hide unnecessary data. The biggest purpose is to bring the best quality content to users.
Layout width can be changed according to the characteristics of mobile devices, bringing beautiful images to the website.
2. Weaknesses that have not been fixed
In essence, the regular website and the mobile web are still the same, the same database, but the PHP, ASP and CSS structure is different. Designed on the basis of the main website, there is not too much difference in content, but the mobile website still has different ways of expressing it compared to the traditional website. Therefore, when a problem occurs, an error occurs during the operation of the website, one of the two copies will die or both will die.
To handle those problems, you not only lose time to edit the regular website, but also spend more time and effort for the mobile web version. Similarly, when upgrading the interface, you also have to upgrade both, if you want SEO, you also have to add a part of the cost for the subdomain.
Not stopping there, in addition to basic techniques, website managers must also know how to create subdomains, manage domains, and redirect when customers access the website on smartphones.
3. Benefits of building a mobile version website
Reach out to more customers, connect with them, and convert their behavior into action.
Convenient, portable and easy to connect anytime, anywhere.
Content is easy to find with simple, simpler operations on computers. A beautiful, easy-to-use interface that adapts to all mobile screen sizes and provides accurate, easy-to-read content that will deliver an impressive customer experience.
Navigate users through multi-touch functions, which are more user-friendly and intuitive.
Links are shared easily so that many people know and can be found on search engines.
Connect between businesses and between businesses and customers quickly, attracting users with convenient features such as call sensing, mobile mapping.
There are also many other benefits such as faster load times, more competition, priority in search and optimization when SEO.
Things to keep in mind when designing a mobile website
Mobile Internet is developing rapidly on a large scale and it is important to both survive and catch up with trends, while improving to bring new and unique experiences to users, especially users. If you regularly use mobile phones and smart devices, you should pay attention to the following.
1. Content needs to be cut down to just enough and minimize text input
Not all information is posted on a website that can meet the search needs of customers, but that information must be filtered and arranged reasonably. Especially in the mobile version website, it is more important to pay attention, because the space on the phone is very small, it is not possible to display all the information.
The amount of content is minimized and optimized, including only important content and features, which will help make the mobile version website the most optimal, most convenient for users. Customers will easily read, find information and navigate around the website on devices, even if the internet connection speed is not stable.
Entering text into the website via mobile devices is not recommended, because it is much more difficult than using a computer keyboard. Not to mention the slow speed, typing by phone also makes more mistakes when typing on a full-size keyboard.
To reduce the amount of text input, the best way is that the website should meet the requirements:
- Allows users to use items stored in personal accounts.
- Replace user password with PIN.
- Take advantage of the functions available on the website such as making a call, viewing an address on a map, finding the nearest location, entering information in a creative way...
2. Unique and best working column design
It is very difficult to view a website on small mobile screens if it is designed to be as wide as it should be. Therefore, for the best optimization, it is advisable to discard the content that is not of high priority, and instead use a single column across the entire width of the screen.
By doing so, the site's additional content will be extended downwards, not upwards. From there, it's easier to scroll the entire site downwards than to scroll horizontally, and users often like that.
3. Combine multiple versions of mobile website to reach customers better
If you want to expand the reach of your website with potential customers, then you definitely need more than one mobile site. Resolution, screen size as well as information processing power on mobile phones vary widely. Specifically, the resolution of phones from 128 x 160 pixels up to 480 x 800, so the ability to upload full web pages will not be the same, low-end phones may even crash if you try. try to load the website.
For example, the social network Facebook has 3 versions for mobile devices, namely m.facebook.com (main mobile site), touch.facebook.com (for mobile phones) touscreen) and 0.facebook.com (for users in countries with very slow internet download speeds.
Please consider carefully before designing a mobile version website so that many customers know your organization or business.
4. Problems around the touch screen
Most of the means of using the internet today are smart devices, especially mobile phones. Therefore, it is very important to optimize the website for smartphones, design it easily for touch screen and non-touch screen users.
The difficulty of selecting, mining and linking small text correctly is a problem that needs to be handled well to standardize mobile websites. Instead of taking up a lot of screen space and not being able to exploit anything when a call comes in, the link should avoid important calls to action.
5. Make a sitemap for web mobile version
This step is also very important, so that Google knows the content on the mobile version of the web and has its own mechanism to index your website based on the results that prioritize content when users search from mobile devices.
Google's search engine crawling mechanism is to ignore URLs that don't offer mobile content, so you need to create a separate sitemap for URLs with non-mobile content. Usually, the telltale sign is the blue phone icon to the right of the results for wapsites recognized by Google.
Types of basic mobile version web
There are 3 types of mobile web that are most commonly used:
- Using a specialized design for mobile (Responsive web design), the content is different from the main version, but when accessing the website on the desktop, it still displays the mobile version.
- Using dynamic data (Dynamic serving): using 2 different CSS to appear corresponding website versions on the same URL.
- Using 2 parallel versions on 2 different URLs with the same content (Parallel mobile site) - the most popular form in the world, including Vietnam: one running main, one running as m.domain .com.
Designing a mobile website is not too complicated, the most important thing is that you must understand the necessary tips and notes to get the best website. Besides, it is also very important to research websites designed for touch-screen phones to turn your website into a technology web, keeping up with current technology development trends.
With experience in designing and programming websites for many large and small projects at the request of customers, especially the requirements of responsive websites compatible with mobile devices, Viet SEO understands the desires of users. use. Since then, we always learn and update the latest features so that any of your websites can be at the top of the search engines.
In Viet SEO there is no concept of cheap website but quality is not guaranteed, we only design professional and reputable website with the most reasonable price.
The value the customer gets back is completely commensurate with the money spent. Whether it's just an introductory website, a news website or a sales website, an e-commerce website will also be designed with SEO standards to help customers find you quickly.