The process of website notification and registration with the Ministry of Industry and Trade
After the seller creates a new website, Viet SEO recommends that the seller notify and register the website with the Ministry of Industry and Trade. In case the Ministry of Industry and Trade discovers that the Seller's website conducts e-commerce transactions without registering the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Seller will be sanctioned in accordance with the law.
This article will guide sellers through the process of registering a website with the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
I. Why is it necessary to notify and register the website with the Ministry of Industry and Trade?
1. Comply with the regulations of the Ministry of Industry and Trade
According to Decree No. 52/2013/ND-CP issued on May 16, 2013, Circular No. 47/2014/TT-BCT issued on December 5, 2014, and Decree No. 185/2013/ND-CP regulations on sanctioning administrative violations in commercial activities… issued on November 15, 2013, requiring all websites operating in the field of e-commerce to notify or register with the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
2. Improve the reputation of the business website
For the website, upon successful notification and registration, the seller will attach a logo leading to a confirmation link on the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade that the website has been successfully registered and notified. This will improve the reputation of the website for the Seller. Customers are not afraid of encountering ghost companies, or incorrect addresses, because when registering with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, they must submit a business license (for companies), ID card (for individuals).
3. Affirming the brand of businesses and individuals
When the website is registered and notified to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, it means that the website has complied with the regulations of the Ministry of Industry and Trade and is confirmed by the Ministry of Industry and Trade that the goods and services at the time of registration for the notice on the website are legal. legally permitted to distribute and promote, without infringing upon intellectual property, or prohibited items.
This helps consumers feel secure and trust the Seller's brand more.
There are cases of forging the logo "Notified/registered with the Ministry of Industry and Trade" placed on the website, even though it has not been notified/registered.
For businesses and individuals that have announced and registered, in addition to this logo, after registering the website owner will be provided with a link to the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade containing detailed information about the business or individual. Registered.
II. Which websites need to be notified and registered with the Ministry of Industry and Trade?
1. Websites that need to be notified to the Ministry of Industry and Trade include:
Sales e-commerce websites: are e-commerce websites set up by traders, organizations and individuals themselves to serve their trade promotion activities, goods sale or service provision.
Although not selling online, just having commercial promotion activities such as advertising products and services, introducing images, information, etc., is also classified as an e-commerce website for sales.
According to Section 8, Article 3 of Decree 52, e-commerce website (hereinafter referred to as website) is an electronic information page set up to serve part or the whole process of goods purchase and sale activities. or providing services, from displaying and introducing goods and services to entering into contracts, providing services, making payments and providing after-sales services.
Therefore, websites that only introduce the Company, or services, or goods without the function of ordering or paying online, must still notify the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
2. Sales mobile application
Sales application is an e-commerce application on mobile devices set up by traders, organizations and individuals to serve their trade promotion activities, goods sale or service provision.
III. Websites that need to be registered with the Ministry of Industry and Trade include:
Websites providing e-commerce services: are e-commerce websites set up by traders or organizations to provide an environment for other traders, organizations and individuals to conduct commercial activities.
a. Websites providing e-commerce services include:
- E-commerce trading floors: are websites that allow users to post classifieds, buy and sell, exchange (chotot.vn, 5giay.vn, ...) or create online stores (vatgia, enbac,...) or on behalf of the user to sell goods and collect service fees (not having to buy outright).
- Online auction website: Online promotion website is an e-commerce website set up by a trader or organization to conduct promotions for goods and services of other traders, organizations or individuals according to the following terms and conditions. of the promotional service contract.
- Online promotion website: An online auction website is an e-commerce website that provides a solution that allows traders, organizations and individuals who are not website owners to organize auctions for their goods on it. .
b. Mobile application providing e-commerce services: is an e-commerce application on mobile devices set up by traders or organizations to provide an environment for other traders, organizations and individuals to be first. commercial activities, including e-commerce exchange applications, online auction applications and online promotional applications.
IV. Things to know when notifying and registering with the Ministry of Industry and Trade
1. Who does the website registration/notification with the Ministry of Industry and Trade?
a. Notice: The trader or organization that owns the website does not provide the above types of e-commerce services.
b. Registration: The registered subject is a trader or organization operating in the field of trade promotion or business support, having an e-commerce website on it providing at least one of the e-commerce services.
2. When to notify and register the website with the Ministry of Industry and Trade?
a. Notice: Traders or businesses need to quickly notify the website to the Ministry of Industry and Trade as soon as the website is designed.
b. Registration: For website sales registration with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, sellers should complete the registration procedure before allowing the website to conduct commercial activities in case of being detected and severely fined.
3. How long is the registration period?
Registration time will depend on each website. Usually from 1 week to 3 weeks.
Some problems cause the registration to be prolonged such as choosing the wrong audience, submitting missing documents, having to adjust the content on the website accordingly.
4. Cost of notification and registration of the Ministry of Industry and Trade?
Registration is completely free.
5. Notice, website registration where?
a.Notification: Announce the website with the Ministry of Industry and Trade online via website: http://online.gov.vn/
b. Registration: Sellers need to submit additional paper documents to the Department of E-commerce and IT - Ministry of Industry and Trade at 25 Ngo Quyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi for confirmation.
V. Prepare when announcing, registering website with the Ministry of Industry and Trade
1. Procedures for website registration and notification with the Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Business Registration Certificate | Investment Certificate | Investment License
- Establishment decision (for organizations)
- Certificate of business household registration (for individuals)...
- And some other documents depending on the service line of the Seller.
2. Policy pages
The Ministry of Industry and Trade requires sellers to meet the following policy pages:
- Shopping guide
- Delivery policy
- Refund warranty policy
3. To create policy pages, Seller creates corresponding content pages, then creates links for policy pages.
- Create a content page.
- Create links for those content pages.
4. Website information
Besides, the seller also needs to provide full information at any location at the bottom of the page including Tax code, phone number, address, ...
To do this, the Seller goes into Theme Settings, selects the Home page, finds the Footer/Bottom section, finds the webisite information section. (see illustration).
5. Make registration
Step 1: Sign up for an account
- Visit the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- Click on the “Register” button to register for an account.
- After clicking on the “Register” button, there will be a screen to fill in the registration information.
Enter all registration information.
- Personal information
- Select registered subjects: Traders (note not to choose Organizations because organizations are only for state administrative and non-business units without tax codes)
- Enter the company name, tax code, business registration field, address ....
- Account information
- Account: taken by default according to the company MST
- Enter your password and email (choose an email address you enter regularly to receive timely notifications from the Ministry of Industry and Trade)
- Legal representative information
- Enter your full name, date of birth, contact address, phone, position, etc. Form.
Click the “Submit Registration” button to complete the account registration.
Step 2: Verify your account
After submitting the account information successfully:
The seller will receive an email from the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Industry and Trade will review the registration information within 3 working days and send a feedback email about whether the registration was successful or not.
If the account registration information is complete, the trader, organization or individual is granted an account to log in to the system and proceed further.
If account registration is denied or additional requirements are required, traders, organizations and individuals must re-register or supplement information as required.
In case the Seller does not receive an email from the Ministry of Industry and Trade for more than 3 days, the Seller should contact the phone number: 04.222205512 to read the MST to ask if the account registration has been successful.
Step 3: Declare the type of commercial service
Once you have an account, the seller logs in to the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- Visit the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- Fill in the information: Username, Password
Choose one of three folders:
- "Website Notice" if the Seller's website is a sales website
- "Register for a website" if the website provides e-commerce services
- "Register for credit rating" if the Seller provides website credit rating service
Enter website name information:
- Information about website owners
- Information about goods and services
- Price information
- Information about general trading conditions
- Information about shipping and forwarding
- Information about payment methods
Enter the website domain name and enter all the domain names pointing to the website if any. Provide the name of the hosting service provider
Select “Attachments” and upload scanned images of the following documents:
- Business license
- Establishment decision for the organization
- Identity card for individuals
Click on the “Select file” button to upload the business registration license to the profile, after selecting the file, click “Upload file”.
After uploading the file successfully, select "Send profile" to complete the registration for sales website notification.
Step 4: The Ministry of Industry and Trade approves the application
The profile after being submitted will be in the "Waiting for approval" status. Within 3 working days, the Ministry of Industry and Trade will send you an email to notify you of the website registration result.
In case the application has not been approved, it is necessary to provide or correct the information as required.
VI. Insert the logo of the Ministry of Industry and Trade on the website
After notifying and registering with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the seller will be provided with a logo and link. The seller saves this information and requests support to Viet SEO Service for assistance with coding into the interface.